I just released phpLiteAdmin 1.9.4.
phpLiteAdmin is for SQLite what phpMyAdmin is for MySQL: A web GUI to manage your databases.
A lot of work has again gone into this release. It fixes bugs and introduces new features. No security issues fixed (compared to 126.96.36.199).
Every user of phpLiteAdmin is recommended to update.
New features of phpLiteAdmin 1.9.4 include:
- Multi-Language support
- external configuration possible
- empty password -> no login required
- easy backup of db files
- edit and delete possible from search results
- search function: added “LIKE %…%”
- css and Js now served as separate, cacheable and compressed resources to speed up page loading
Important bug fixes include fixes in the ALTER TABLE support. We have again spent quite a lot of work to improve phpLiteAdmin. Thanks to everybody who reported issues and especially to the team for your work on phpLiteAdmin – especially Dreadnaut and Teryaki helped me a lot in this release. Thanks guys.
Download the new version here.
Yesterdays security release for phpLiteAdmin unfortunately did not fix the security issues described by an exploit published by “l@usch” completely. Therefore, today a new release 188.8.131.52 was published to cover the remaining issues.
All users of phpLiteAdmin < 184.108.40.206 are advised to update their installation to 220.127.116.11. The fixed security issues can only be used by users with access to phpLiteAdmin, i.e. users that know the password. As a general recommendation, you should always use a secure password an keep it secret. Never use the default password on a publicly accessible installation.
I’d like to thank l@usch for reporting the issue and his cooperation to resolve it.
To update, just download the new version, adjust the configuration and replace your old phpliteadmin.php with the new one.
Today, a security issue of phpLiteAdmin was discovered and published. The new version 18.104.22.168, which has just been released, fixes this issue. All users of phpLiteAdmin are recommended to update their installation to the current version 22.214.171.124.
The security issue can only be used by users with access to phpLiteAdmin, i.e. users that know the password, to gain more rights on the system. Therefore, the issue cannot be exploited if you use a strong password an keep it secret. For this reason, this is always recommended. Please never use the default password if phpLiteAdmin is publicly accessible over the internet.
To update phpLiteAdmin, just adjust the configuration in the new version and replace the phpliteadmin.php with the new one. Done in a minute or two.
You can download the new version here.
Today I released CrazyStat 1.71 RC1, the first Release Candidate of version 1.71. As there have already been two beta-versions tested by some testers, I consider this release candidate quite stable. I expect that no or only small changes will be made for the final version. Therefore, I’d like to encourage all CrazyStat users to update CrazyStat to 1.71 RC1. It is very simple, as described in the FAQ.
So what are the major changes?
- New languages: Russian and Danish. Thanks a lot to the translators Vladimir and Liza! I hope CrazyStat will be translated into more languages soon. It is really not much work. Please contact me if you are interested.
- PHP4 support dropped. I removed all workarounds for old PHP versions. Now at least PHP 5.1 is required. If your host is still running PHP4, you should really update or change to another hoster. PHP4 is not maintained for quite a while now. Also support for old GDlib-versions was dropped (1.x).
- You can now link the entries of the file-module to the files. See the config setting you need to set.
- IP anonymization reworked. This is now turned on by default. See FAQ for more information.
- Average and total visiting time in hits-module
- New logo by kartoffelpfluecker (thanks!)
- Improved UTF8-support
- New Browsers (Firefox-Versions), Bots, Operating Systems etc.
- Lots of (smaller) fixes, i.e. producing PHP notice errors or invalid (X)HTML
- Fix of a bug that caused weird ordering of the days-module sometimes
- Fix of a bug that made Chrome transfer passwords unencrypted and corrupt the password file when changing passwords using Chrome
So this is more a maintenance release, not a major whole new version. See history for more details (with CrazyStat’s new public SVN hosted on Sourceforge, you can even track every individual change).
I hope you enjoy the new version. You can download it here.
Tell me what you think about it in the comments. In case you have problems, please ask in the support forum.
Enjoy using CrazyStat!