I just released phpLiteAdmin 1.9.4.
phpLiteAdmin is for SQLite what phpMyAdmin is for MySQL: A web GUI to manage your databases.
A lot of work has again gone into this release. It fixes bugs and introduces new features. No security issues fixed (compared to 188.8.131.52).
Every user of phpLiteAdmin is recommended to update.
New features of phpLiteAdmin 1.9.4 include:
- Multi-Language support
- external configuration possible
- empty password -> no login required
- easy backup of db files
- edit and delete possible from search results
- search function: added “LIKE %…%”
- css and Js now served as separate, cacheable and compressed resources to speed up page loading
Important bug fixes include fixes in the ALTER TABLE support. We have again spent quite a lot of work to improve phpLiteAdmin. Thanks to everybody who reported issues and especially to the team for your work on phpLiteAdmin – especially Dreadnaut and Teryaki helped me a lot in this release. Thanks guys.
Download the new version here.
Screenshot of phpLiteAdmin 1.9.3
Some minutes ago, I released the new version of phpLiteAdmin, a web management GUI for SQLite databases written in PHP. You can download it from our project site.
The new version addresses and mostly fixes lots of issues. Among these, one security issue has been fixed. Therefore, I’d recommend anybody using phpLiteAdmin to update.
A lot of work has gone into this release, fixing lots of bugs to make phpLiteAdmin more robust. For example, you can now have tables or columns containing special characters. The ALTER TABLE features have been partly rewritten so they now work a lot more reliable. And lots of other issues have been fixed. Thanks to anybody who reported bugs to the bug tracker.
If you still have any problems or suggestions, please let us know on our issue tracker.
Today I released CrazyStat 1.71 RC1, the first Release Candidate of version 1.71. As there have already been two beta-versions tested by some testers, I consider this release candidate quite stable. I expect that no or only small changes will be made for the final version. Therefore, I’d like to encourage all CrazyStat users to update CrazyStat to 1.71 RC1. It is very simple, as described in the FAQ.
So what are the major changes?
- New languages: Russian and Danish. Thanks a lot to the translators Vladimir and Liza! I hope CrazyStat will be translated into more languages soon. It is really not much work. Please contact me if you are interested.
- PHP4 support dropped. I removed all workarounds for old PHP versions. Now at least PHP 5.1 is required. If your host is still running PHP4, you should really update or change to another hoster. PHP4 is not maintained for quite a while now. Also support for old GDlib-versions was dropped (1.x).
- You can now link the entries of the file-module to the files. See the config setting you need to set.
- IP anonymization reworked. This is now turned on by default. See FAQ for more information.
- Average and total visiting time in hits-module
- New logo by kartoffelpfluecker (thanks!)
- Improved UTF8-support
- New Browsers (Firefox-Versions), Bots, Operating Systems etc.
- Lots of (smaller) fixes, i.e. producing PHP notice errors or invalid (X)HTML
- Fix of a bug that caused weird ordering of the days-module sometimes
- Fix of a bug that made Chrome transfer passwords unencrypted and corrupt the password file when changing passwords using Chrome
So this is more a maintenance release, not a major whole new version. See history for more details (with CrazyStat’s new public SVN hosted on Sourceforge, you can even track every individual change).
I hope you enjoy the new version. You can download it here.
Tell me what you think about it in the comments. In case you have problems, please ask in the support forum.
Enjoy using CrazyStat!
As promised, some more news about what’s new in upcoming version 1.71 of my PHP visitor analytics script CrazyStat:
- New language: Danish language file (as already announced)
- New feature: Average and total visting time analysed (hits module)
- New feature: The files in the files-module can now be linked to the page counted
- New logo: CrazyStat has a new logo thanks to Kartoffelpfluecker
- Privacy improved: Reworked anonymous IPs. Now “anonymous IPs” look like normal ones and keep the first two octets. This way, the visitor’s country can be detected by IP, but the IP is still anonymous as the last two octets can not be reworked. Now this is turned on by default.
- Browser detection: new browsers included in the keywords file (all those new Firefox-versions…), IE8 and IE9 now correctly detected in compatibility mode.
Note that this is already available for CrazyStat 1.70 from the download page
- PHP4 support removed. CrazyStat no longer comes with workarounds for old PHP4 installations, so PHP5.1 is required. Please update to PHP5, as PHP4 is insecure
- Language-cookie “lang” renamed into “CrazyStat_lang” to avoid collisions with other scripts
- Decimal separators now language-specific
- Fixed a bug that caused weird ordering of days in some months
- Lots of smaller bug fixes like invalid XHTML and PHP notice messages
Please let me know your opinion about the changes. I know it’s not a lot of great new features but more a maintenance update.