As promised, some more news about what’s new in upcoming version 1.71 of my PHP visitor analytics script CrazyStat:
- New language: Danish language file (as already announced)
- New feature: Average and total visting time analysed (hits module)
- New feature: The files in the files-module can now be linked to the page counted
- New logo: CrazyStat has a new logo thanks to Kartoffelpfluecker
- Privacy improved: Reworked anonymous IPs. Now “anonymous IPs” look like normal ones and keep the first two octets. This way, the visitor’s country can be detected by IP, but the IP is still anonymous as the last two octets can not be reworked. Now this is turned on by default.
- Browser detection: new browsers included in the keywords file (all those new Firefox-versions…), IE8 and IE9 now correctly detected in compatibility mode.
Note that this is already available for CrazyStat 1.70 from the download page
- PHP4 support removed. CrazyStat no longer comes with workarounds for old PHP4 installations, so PHP5.1 is required. Please update to PHP5, as PHP4 is insecure
- Language-cookie “lang” renamed into “CrazyStat_lang” to avoid collisions with other scripts
- Decimal separators now language-specific
- Fixed a bug that caused weird ordering of days in some months
- Lots of smaller bug fixes like invalid XHTML and PHP notice messages
Please let me know your opinion about the changes. I know it’s not a lot of great new features but more a maintenance update.